*PLEASE NOTE - THIS PACKAGE IS ON REQUEST ONLY - PLEASE CALL PRIOR TO BOOKING TO CHECK AVAILABILITY - 03 9428 5703*. Sometimes dates will be shown as unavailable but we still may be able to fly you on your selected date so please call to check. Available during May-September only.
The Mansfield AFTERNOON Balloon Flight package includes
- Approximate 1 hour afternoon balloon flight over Mansfield - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions.
- Free onsite parking at Delatite Winery
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- A carbon neutral flight
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate to prove it happened
Please include the below details when you book -
- Do you have backup dates available?
- Is the option of a sunrise flight a possibility If the weather is not suitable for an afternoon flight or if we don't reach minimum numbers?
Flights are based on minimum numbers to fly and also safe weather conditions.
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 3-3.5 hours in total so usually completed between 6-6.30pm.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : You'll receive a text from the Pilot advising the updated weather information and exact meeting time.
- Day of your flight: Meet the pilot at approx. 3pm at Delatite Winery. The exact meeting time will be finalized the day before; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to the launch site.
- Launch : Passengers assist with the set up / inflation of the balloon
- Afternoon: Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
- Drop off: All passengers are driven back to meeting point between 5.30-6pm
Breakfast is not included in this package.
Where to meet
Sunrise flight: We meet 1.5 hours before sunrise (confirmed by the pilot evening before) at: Alzburg Resort - 39 Malcolm st, Mansfield 3722.
Afternoon flight: We meet at approximately 3pm (confirmed by the pilot evening before) at: Delatite Winery - 390 Pollards Rd, Mansfield VIC 3722.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office on +61 3 9428 5703 within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day. Alternatively, you may be able to receive a refund depending on the Terms and Conditions
on your booking.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
You will receive a text message from our pilot the night before your flight after 6pm, confirming whether we can fly you based on the weather conditions and if we can, confirming the exact meeting time. We meet about 1.5hrs prior to sunrise.
Sunrise flight: Meeting time is approx. 1.5 hours before sunrise.
Afternoon flight (Mansfield only, between May - September): Meeting time is approx. 3pm.
Approximate sunrise times will vary throughout the different seasons - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am