Start your morning with an approx. 1 hour hot air balloon flight in Mansfield. A natural pastural basin surrounded by foothills and the Alpine Ranges, which makes for perfect scenery to experience ballooning.
The Mansfield Balloon Flight package includes
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 3-4 hours in total so usually completed between 9-10am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : The Pilot will text you the weather details and meeting time.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to the launch site.
- Launch : Passengers assist with the set up / inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Flight for approximately 1 hour
- Land : The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
- Breakfast : All passengers are driven back to meeting point
Breakfast is not included in this package.
Where to meet
We meet 1.5 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at: Mansfield Post Office - 90 High St, Mansfield VIC 3722.
If you do not fly due to inclement weather you are welcome to phone/email our office when you are ready to re-book.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office on +61 3 9428 5703 within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day. Alternatively, you may be able to receive a refund depending on the Terms and Conditions
on your booking.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
You will receive a text message from our pilot the night before your flight after 6pm, confirming whether we can fly you based on the weather conditions and if we can, confirming the exact meeting time. We meet about 1.5hrs prior to sunrise.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am