*PLEASE NOTE - THIS PACKAGE IS ON REQUEST ONLY FOR FLIGHTS BOOKED IN UNTIL END OF SEPTEMBER 2021 - PLEASE CALL TO CHECK IF IT IS AVAILABLE - 03 9428 5703*
Fly privately over Mansfield surrounded by grazing land and mountain forests, with the area well-known for its unforgettable scenery.
The Midweek Mansfield Private Balloon Flight for 4 people ($373.75pp) package includes
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over Mansfield - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions (Standard sunrise & afternoon flights available)
- Free parking
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon neutral flight - Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 3-4 hours in total so usually completed between 9-10am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : You'll receive a text from the Pilot advising the updated weather information and exact meeting time.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to the launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Conclusion: Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point.
Breakfast is not included in this package.
Where to meet
We meet 1.5 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at: Mansfield Post Office - 90 High St, Mansfield VIC 3722.
If you do not fly due to inclement weather you are welcome to phone/email our office when you are ready to re-book.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office on +61 3 9428 5703 within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day. Alternatively, you may be able to receive a refund depending on the Terms and Conditions
on your booking.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
You will receive a text message from our pilot the night before your flight after 6pm, confirming whether we can fly you based on the weather conditions and if we can, confirming the exact meeting time. We meet about 1.5hrs prior to sunrise.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am