*PLEASE NOTE - THIS PACKAGE IS ON REQUEST ONLY - PLEASE CALL PRIOR TO BOOKING TO CHECK AVAILABILITY - 03 9428 5703*
Fly privately over Mansfield surrounded by grazing land and mountain forests, with the area well-known for its unforgettable scenery.
The Mansfield - Private Midweek Flight for 4 people ($450pp) package includes
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over Mansfield - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions (Standard sunrise & afternoon flights available)
- Free onsite parking at Alzburg Resort
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business.
- A carbon neutral flight - we're the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 3-4 hours in total so usually completed between 9-10am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : You'll receive a text from the Pilot advising the updated weather information and exact meeting time.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to the launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Conclusion: Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point.
Breakfast is not included in this package.
Where to meet
We meet 1.5 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at: Alzburg Resort - 39 Malcolm st, Mansfield 3722.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your flight is cancelled due to bad weather, please call our office to re-book for an alternative date on 03 9428 5703.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
You will receive a text message from our pilot the night before your flight after 6pm, confirming whether we can fly you based on the weather conditions and if we can, confirming the exact meeting time. We meet about 1.5hrs prior to sunrise.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am