The serene feeling of floating in a balloon flight followed by warm bathing at the Peninsula hot Springs will have you relaxed for more than just a morning. Ideal for a romantic day with your lover, or relaxing day with the girls.
Your journey to relaxation starts here. Peninsula Hot Springs is the first natural hot springs and day spa centre in Victoria, just 90 minutes from Melbourne. Natural thermal mineral waters flow into the pools and private baths at this award-winning coastal oasis, providing the idyllic setting for relaxation and rejuvenation.
This particular tour can be booked for Friday’s only & subject to availability.
We will pick you up from any major CBD hotel for the flight. If flight is cancelled due to bad weather, the Peninsula Hot Springs tour will still proceed regardless and the shuttle will pick up from Pullman on the Park at 10.10am. You will return to the Pullman on the Park by approximately 5.30pm.
The Melbourne Flight + Peninsula Hot Springs experience package includes
- Sunrise balloon flight over Melbourne (weather depending)
- Buffet champagne breakfast at the Pullman on the Park
- Return shuttle pick up from the Pullman on the Park (192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne)
- 4.5 hours of relaxation at the Peninsula Hot Springs in the Bath House with over 20 unique bathing experiences including a Hill Top pool, reflexology walk, Turkish steam bath and cave pool. Enjoy hours in the bathing area - a sanctuary where the mind and body are calmed by the steam, and the sound of running water. It's a place where time is forgotten.
Schedule for the day
- Sunrise: Balloon flight over Melbourne (subject to weather conditions)
- Breakfast: Pullman on the Park buffet breakfast
- Hot Springs 10.10am: Meet Melbourne on the Move at Pullman on the Park for a transfer to the Peninsula hot springs.
- 11.30am: Arrive at the Hot Springs. Enjoy 4.5 hours in the bathing area.
- 4.00pm: Depart Peninsula hot springs,
- 5.30pm: Arrive back at Melbourne city
This package is wheelchair accessible upon request only. Based on availability.
There is a ramp type walkway from the car park to the reception and a lift from reception down to the pools. We do allow wheelchairs to go out to the bathing area, however, ask that they are kept with safety lock on until use and a safe distance from the pools. There are safety rails to access the majority of the pools at each entry, though there are a number of pools that do have stair access only, though this does not hugely inhibit the overall enjoyment and experience of the springs. We so have disabled parking available, though it is limited, there is a drop off point if needed.
(Vehicle: Shuttle Bus)
- A full buffet breakfast (including champagne) is held after the balloon flight at The Pullman on the Park hotel, if included at the time of booking.
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled, breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise & our meeting point is:
Pullman On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Metered parking is available on Wellington Parade or Clarendon Street, East Melbourne.
$10 discounted parking is also available for Global Ballooning Australia passengers underneath the Pullman on the Park hotel.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your balloon flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, your Peninsula Hot Springs tour will proceed as scheduled. On the morning of the Peninsula Hot Springs tour you MUST ring the Melbourne on the Move office on 1300 55 86 86 between 8.00am and 8.30am to confirm which of the two pick-up points you will be waiting at. You will have to make your own way to one of the two pickup points in Melbourne. Passengers are required to make own arrangements to meet Melbourne on the Move in the event of balloon flight cancellation. Melbourne on the Move are unable to provide door to door hotel pickup or drop off within Melb CBD. You can re-book your flight package for an alternative date by contacting Global Ballooning Australia.You have 12 months to re-book from your first cancelled flight only.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Melbourne flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
Check out our partner websites:
http://www.melbourneonthemove.com.au/ - providing you with return transfers to/from Peninsula Hot Springs
http://www.peninsulahotsprings.com/ - Relaxing Bath House experience located on the Mornington Peninsula
Can I bathe whilst pregnant?
We do not recommend bathing in the hot mineral pools during pregnancy, as the body requires no further heat or stimulation. Fully immersing your body in the warm water will raise your body temperature, which can be dangerous during pregnancy.
Where does the water come from?
The hot mineral spring waters flow from an aquifer 637 metres below the surface. The 50 degree celcius water rises under its own pressure through the bore to within 10 metres of the surface, from where it is pumped to the pools.
How hot are the pools?
Pool temperatures vary from 37 to 43 degrees celcius.
What minerals are contained in the water?
The water contains a range of naturally occurring minerals including sulphur, calcium, magnesium, potassium and many others. The gentle aroma comes from the sulphur content.
What happens if it’s raining?
Many people ask us whether they should visit when it’s raining and the answer is yes! It's a superb and very special in the rain; while your body is immersed in the warm thermal mineral water, rain drops refresh your face. Some pools are also sheltered by a canopy of foliage or completely undercover in the case of the cave pool.
Global Ballooning Australia offer a wide range of packages to suit all needs - we encourage you to make use of these exclusive packages we have arranged with other tourism operators to make the most the regions in which we fly. Allow us to show you the experience of a lifetime!