Start the morning drifting high above Melbourne to catch a once in a lifetime sunrise from a hot air balloon, then lay back and enjoy a serene cruise around the islands of the picturesque Ornamental Lake in Melbourne’s stunning Royal Botanic Gardens.
Wake up to a once in a lifetime flight over Melbourne, then settle back in an elegant wooden punt to enjoy a unique view of one of the world’s finest gardens as our professional punter tells you about its history, environment, wildlife and plants.
*Please note that in June, July & August this package is only available on weekends.
- Our balloon flights only run once a day, in the early hours of the morning so we can catch the sunrise. The date you select is the date you will fly with us.
- To enjoy your punt tour in the Royal Botanic Gardens, we can help you choose from a variety of starting times for you throughout the day, or even on a seperate day to your balloon flight.
Once we receive your booking request we will contact you for payment and to arrange a time-slot for your punt tour.
Punting on the Lake depart from the Punting on the Lake landing in front of the Terrace Cafe, inside Gate A of the Royal Botanic Gardens (corner Alexandra Avenue and Anderson Street) at various set times throughout the day, and in the evenings in summer.
Please remember that the Royal Botanic Gardens are 36 hectares of unspoiled and treasured Melbourne life. You can easily get lost exploring these beautifuly preserved gardens for hours, so make a day of it and you won't be disappointed!
The Melbourne Flight + Romantic Guided Boat Tour experience package includes
- Complimentary CBD hotel pick up
- One hour sunrise balloon flight over the Melbourne (weather depending)
- Half hour guided punt tour of the Ornamental Lake in Melbourne’s stunning Royal Botanic Gardens with Punting on the Lake
Schedule for the day
- Sunrise: Balloon flight over Melbourne (subject to weather conditions)
- Punt Tour: Meet your punting guide by the water in front of the Terrace Cafe for your ride at your allocated time.
- A buffet breakfast (including complimentary champagne) is held after the balloon flight at the Pullman on the Park hotel, if included at the time of booking. In some of our accommodation packages, you may have breakfast included at your accommodation instead of at the Pullman
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled, breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise & our meeting point is:
Pullman On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Metered parking is available on Wellington Parade or Clarendon Street, East Melbourne.
$10 discounted parking is also available for Global Ballooning Australia passengers underneath the Pullman on the Park hotel.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the balloon flight is cancelled, your Guided Punt Tour will still proceed regardless of weather conditions. Your confirmation will state the meeting place and time required as well as what to bring with you on the day. You can re-book your flight package for an alternative date by contacting Global Ballooning Australia. You have 12 months to re-book from your first cancelled flight only.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Melbourne flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
Approx balloon flight meeting times:
We always meet roughly 1 hour before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons, this is a rough guide only.
Jan : 4.00 – 4.30
Feb : 4.30 – 5.00
Mar : 5.00 – 5.30
Apr : 5.30 – 6.00
May : 5.30 – 6.00
Jun : 6.00 – 6.30
Jul : 6.00 – 6.30
Aug : 5.30 – 6.00
Sep : 5.00 – 5.30
Oct : 5.00 – 5.30
Nov : 4.30 – 5.00
Dec : 4.30 – 5.00
Punting on the Lake Opening Hours
Punt tour Summer season: Sept – May 10:15am – 5:00pm Daily
Punt tour Winter season: Jun – Aug 11:00am – 3:30pm Weekends
Punting is available, weather permitting, every day from Sept-May except Christmas Day, and every weekend and public holiday from Jun-Aug.
Global Ballooning Australia offer a wide range of packages to suit all needs - we encourage you to make use of these exclusive packages we have arranged with other tourism operators to make the most the regions in which we fly. Allow us to show you the experience of a lifetime!