Melbourne flight information
Your Melbourne Hot Air Ballooning Experience includes:
- 1 hour sunrise balloon flight with an Award winning hot air balloon company, the largest in Victoria.
- (Optional) 5 star buffet breakfast with champagne after the flight at Pullman on the Park.
- In-flight commentary provided by expert pilots giving passengers an understanding of the various elements of ballooning; meteorology, altitude, navigation, equipment, air traffic control.
- (Optional) CBD hotel pick up available for a small fee of $10 per person (One-way pick-up only. After the flight you will be taken back to the Pullman on the Park hotel where you can make your own way back into the city)
- Discounted undercover car parking at the Pullman on the Park, $10 flat fee
- Interactive involvement in the inflation and deflation process.
- A flight certificate and souvenir pack.
- A carbon neutral flight.
- Complete flights and ground insurance.
- Launch and landing government fees in and around the city.
- A special offer for returning passengers.
- In-flight photographs on a balloon-shaped USB, available to purchase for $20.
What to wear and what to bring
- Wear clothes suitable for hiking.
- Closed-toe shoes such as runners or walking boots.
- Warm socks.
- Hat and sunglasses. (The burners radiate heat, wearing a hat is recommended)
- Layered clothing. You can always take off your jumper/ jacket in the basket if you need to.
Hot air ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon itself. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so do wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
Please note: The balloon burners sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. Global Ballooning Australia will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a result of our adventure activity.
We meet before sunrise so, depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold. Generally it will not be any colder in the air during the balloon flight than on the ground.
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled, breakfast will not take place