Start your day with a balloon flight followed by a full day of tasting wine in the Yarra Valley, with the Australian Wine Tour Co.
The Yarra Valley Flight + Wine Tour experience package includes
- If required, pick up from selected major CBD hotels are included. Yarra Valley transfers are not included.
- Approx. 1 hour sunrise balloon flight with champagne breakfast after your flight
- Transfer to meet your winery tour group
- Guidance from a genuine Wine Expert, who is there to entertain and educate you, not just to dazzle you with wine snobbery!
- Visit 4 amazing Yarra Valley wineries - click on the link below Schedule for the Day to see the itinerary
- Return to one of the 5 drop off points below:
9:00am: Radisson Flagstaff Hotel 380 William Street, Melbourne
9:20am: Holiday Inn on Flinders Lane, 575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
9:35am: Her Majesty’s Theatre 219 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Departs 7 days a week all year guaranteed (except Dec 25 & 26 and Jan 1)
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts roughly 9-10 hours in total so usually completed between 5-5.30pm.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or by clicking on this link: Yarra Valley Flight Update Page.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Breakfast : Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held.
- Wine tour: Global Ballooning Australia will drop you off to start your wine tour. Click on the below link to see the wine tour itinerary:
This package is wheelchair accessible upon request only. Based on availability.
Wheelchair access vehicles are available on request, however extra vehicle and private touring charges apply.
(Vehicle: Luxurious, comfortable, air conditioned bus, and although numbers are limited to 24, the typical tour size is 12-20.)
- A full buffet breakfast is available after the balloon flight, and is held at Balgownie Estate, if included at the time of booking. In some of our accommodation packages, you may have breakfast included at your accommodation instead of at Balgownie Estate
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled the breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at:
Balgownie Estate: 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen
If you do not fly due to inclement weather, breakfast will also be cancelled and you are welcome to phone/email our office when you are ready to re-book.
Free parking is available at Balgownie Estate.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your balloon flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, your Wine Tour WILL PROCEED as scheduled. On the morning of the wine tour you MUST ring the Australian Winery Tour Co. (AWTC) office on 1800 996 414 from 8am to confirm which pick up point you will be using. The only pickup options are from 5 city points. If you're staying at Balgownie Estate, you can ask reception if they can drop you off to Punt Rd Wines but it is not guaranteed so you may need to self-drive & leave your car there whilst on tour. You can re-book your flight/breakfast package for an alternative date by contacting Global Ballooning Australia.You have 12 months to re-book from your first cancelled flight only.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Yarra Valley flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
Can I eat food on the bus?
Government legislation prohibits the consumption of food on a public bus. We request that passengers refrain from consuming food on board the bus.
Can I drink on the bus?
It is illegal to consume alcohol in a moving vehicle in the state of Victoria and in accordance with this we do not permit alcohol to be consumed on our vehicles. We request that passengers refrain from consuming beverages on board the bus with the exception of water – which we strongly encourage.
Can I bring my luggage?
Whilst our vehicles are roomy and comfortable they are built for day touring, our vehicles do not have luggage storage facilities, any luggage must be small enough to sit at your feet or on your lap.
Do I need to bring anything?
Our tour is fully inclusive so you only need to bring yourself & your camera of course!
Do you have a toilet on board the bus?
The buses are not equipped with toilets and there is no opportunity to stop along the way or on the return trip so please use facilities prior to boarding.
Do you cater for wheelchairs?
- Passenger Access – AWTC utilise 24 seat touring vehicle, 3 steps onto narrow coach isle.
- Vehicles – We offer small coach touring utilizing 24 seat vehicles to provide intimate group touring. Vehicle aisle must be kept clear at all times and guests are to remain seated whilst in transit. We are unable to carry luggage or other items that cannot fit within the passengers paid seated area.
- Venues – Good easy access to all cellar doors however note Domaine Chandon, which is part of our behind the scenes tour has multiple steps. Passengers may select to forego this sector of our day and rejoin the group for their tasting in the cellar door after the tour. Guests selecting not to climb stairs within the Domaine Chandon tour have access to the gardens and grounds.
- Special needs – AWTC must be alerted to any special needs at the time of booking. This may include but not limited to disabilities, foreign language and dietary requirements. We may not be able to facilitate special requirements on the day if not requested and if not available on this tour. Wheelchair access vehicles are available on request, however extra vehicle and private touring charges apply.
Are vegetarian catered for with lunch?
Vegetarians and other dietary requirements such as gluten and dairy intolerances are catered for. Consult with your driver on the day of the tour.
What time do we get back to the city?
Our tour returns to Melbourne city around 4:30pm – 5.00pm.
Global Ballooning Australia offer a wide range of packages to suit all needs - we encourage you to make use of these exclusive packages we have arranged with other tourism operators to make the most the regions in which we fly. Allow us to show you the experience of a lifetime!