A trip to the Yarra Valley with Vinetrekker isn’t complete without the regions food and wine sampling. This tour incorporates all of the essential elements to ensure a wonderful day.
The Yarra Valley Flight + Food and Wine Day Tour experience package includes
- Early morning pick up from your city hotel
- 1 Hour sunrise balloon flight with champagne breakfast afterwards
- Pick up after breakfast
- Full day wine tour to 5 Yarra Valley wineries: Coldstream Hills or St Huberts, Medhurst or Punt Road, Domaine Chandon, Yering Station, and De Bortoli Winery
- A la carte lunch, glass of wine and coffee at Yering Station
- Return to your city hotel
Schedule for the day
- Sunrise: Balloon flight over the Yarra Valley (subject to weather conditions)
- Breakfast: Champagne breakfast at Balgownie Estate
- 10.10am: Vinetrekker will pick you up from Rochford wines to start the wine tour.
- Wineries Visited:
- Coldstream Hills or St Huberts
- Medhurst or Punt Road Vineyard
- Domain Chandon
- Lunch at Yering Station
- Debortoli Wines
- 6.30pm: Arrive Melbourne city
This package is wheelchair accessible upon request only. Based on availability.
Please advise at the time of booking if a Wheelchair accessible vehicle is required
(Vehicle: Toyota commuter or Hyundai Imax)
- A full buffet breakfast is available after the balloon flight, and is held at Balgownie Estate, if included at the time of booking
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled the breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at:
Balgownie Estate: 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen
If you do not fly due to inclement weather, breakfast will also be cancelled and you are welcome to phone/email our office when you are ready to re-book.
Free parking is available at Balgownie Estate.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your balloon flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, your winery tour will proceed as scheduled. The night before the wine tour, you must call Vinetrekker on 0408 992 595 to advise them that the flight is not proceeding, and the location you would like to be picked up from. You can re-book your flight package for an alternative date by contacting Global Ballooning Australia.You have 12 months to re-book from your first cancelled flight only.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Yarra Valley flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
Global Ballooning Australia offer a wide range of packages to suit all needs - we encourage you to make use of these exclusive packages we have arranged with other tourism operators to make the most the regions in which we fly. Allow us to show you the experience of a lifetime!