*PLEASE NOTE - THIS PACKAGE IS ON REQUEST ONLY FOR FLIGHTS BOOKED IN UNTIL END OF AUGUST 2021 (NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) - PLEASE CALL TO CHECK IF IT IS AVAILABLE - 03 9428 5703*
Perfect for a family of four, group of friends or two couples, enjoy a private flight for 4 passengers over Victoria's most spectacular winery regions, with outstanding vineyards and mountains, the Yarra Valley, a leisurely one-hour drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
Have more people in your family or want to fly in a private group of maximum 10 passengers? Please contact our office on 03 9428 5703 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Midweek Yarra Valley Private Balloon Flight for 4 people ($498.75pp) package includes
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over the Yarra Valley for up to 4 people - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions
- Free parking at Balgownie Estate
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon-neutral flight - Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate, postcard and exclusive e-coupon booklet to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 10-11am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or by clicking on this link: Yarra Valley Flight Update Page.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Post Flight: Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point/breakfast venue. You can add breakfast onto this package for an additional $35pp.
Breakfast is not included in this package. You can add it onto the package for an additional $35 per person.
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at:
Balgownie Estate: 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen
Free parking is available at Balgownie Estate.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your flight is cancelled you have 12mths to re-book. This package is non-refundable.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Yarra Valley flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am