Hot air ballooning is weather dependent so your flight can be cancelled if the weather does not make it safe to fly you.
Once booked in, please download the Global Ballooning mobile app and check your booking confirmation for further details on what you need to do regarding checking your flight status and precise meeting time.
If you can’t see your booking confirmation in your emails, please check your junk mail folder. Contact our office immediately if you’re unable to locate your confirmation.
Ballooning is an audience participation activity, and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon. It is an active morning in the outdoors.
- Closed toe footwear is compulsory. DO NOT WEAR high-heeled shoes, thongs/flip flops or open-toe shoes.
- Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew. Bring a spare change of socks & shoes, especially in winter!
- Wear warm clothes as for hiking, sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap as the burners radiate heat.
- Make sure you have pockets with zips so you can keep personal items safe.
- Do not bring any bags as these will not be allowed on the balloon. You can leave them in the ground crew vehicle whilst on your flight or at home/in your hotel.
- Generally, it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than it is on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities. This is carried at your own risk.
All meeting points have parking available:
- Yarra Valley – free parking at Balgownie Estate.
- Melbourne – Discounted $10 flat rate parking at Pullman Melbourne on the Park. Arrange payment through the hotel Concierge after the flight. This special rate of $10 is only valid till 11am. After 11am, the daily rate increases – enquire with the Pullman Melbourne on the Park hotel.
- Mansfield – free parking: Sunrise flights meet at Alzburg Resort & afternoon flights meet at Delatite Winery.
We meet approximately 1.5hrs before sunrise. The pilot will tell you the precise time when you check the flight details (by downloading our mobile app) the night before the flight (see your booking confirmation for full details).
The below information will give you an indication of the meeting time but should be used as a guide only.
- January : 4.30am – 5.00am
- February : 5.00am – 5.30am
- March : 5.30am – 6.00am
- April : 5.15am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 5.30am – 6.00am
- August : 5.15am – 5.45am
- September : 4.30am – 5.15am
- October : 4.30am – 5.15am
- November : 4.15am – 4.45am
- December : 4.15am – 4.45am
You can expect to be with us for around 3.5 – 4.5 hours depending on which experience you have booked. This includes driving to the launch site, setting up the balloon, the approx. 1hr flight, packing down the balloon, driving back to the meeting venue and breakfast. Return CBD transfers are an additional 2hrs total.
- Flight only: 3.5hrs
- Flight + breakfast: 4.5hrs
- Flight, breakfast and transfers: 6 – 6.5hrs
The basket sizes used is determined on how many people are booked in daily.
All locations can fly passengers in smaller baskets that fit 2-10 people however generally, the basket sizes used in each location are as follows:
- Yarra Valley – 16/22/24 people per basket
- Mansfield – 8/10/16/24 people per basket
- Melbourne – 10/12 people per basket
Cancelled Flights & Booking Amendments
Please note, our weekend flights are extremely popular and can book out up to 8 weeks in advance at some times of the year. Please be aware of this when rebooking and understand that we will do our best to get you on a flight! You may like to consider a weekday flight instead.
If you cannot reschedule, you may request a refund. Please note, discounted bookings & gift vouchers are strictly non-refundable. If your package purchased is refundable, a $25 admin fee is incurred.
- Within 7 days of the flight date, a $50 per person fee is applicable to cancel.
- Within 48 hours of your flight date, no changes or cancellations can be made to the booking.
Yes, we have open-dated gift vouchers or e-gift cards available.
All full priced vouchers are valid for 3 years (unless you purchased a gift voucher using a special promotion and, in that case, the validity period will be specified at time of purchase).
The recipient of the voucher will need to book and fly within the validity period specified on the voucher.
Yes! You can use the amount paid for the voucher and top it up if you’re upgrading to a different area. If you have money outstanding on your voucher, this is a form of credit and can be used to upgrade to another flight, to add breakfast or invite someone to join you for breakfast.
Please keep in mind if there has been a price increase for the experience purchased during the time of your voucher validity, you will be required to match the difference of the total value.
Bookings/vouchers that are discounted, e-gift cards or if part of a loyalty program, hold their own individual terms and conditions which will be specified at time of purchase. Please refer to your voucher for your validity terms.
Is my gift voucher transferrable?
Yes! Please email us and include the person you’re gifting the voucher to, along with their full name, mobile & email advising the transfer of ownership.
Please note: Legally, the gift voucher/card recipient is the only person who can transfer the voucher to another recipient. If you purchased the voucher to gift to someone else, you’re not legally able to transfer or use the voucher.
Yes! Please email us and include the person you’re gifting/selling the voucher to, along with their full name, mobile & email advising the transfer of ownership.
Please note: Legally, the gift voucher/e-card recipient is the only person who can transfer the voucher to another recipient. If you purchased the voucher to gift to someone else, you’re not legally able to transfer or use the voucher.
If purchased and the validity period was still valid during the lockdowns, then yes we will extend for you to make up the lost time you would have had when we weren’t able to operate.
- Mansfield – from $429pp
- Yarra Valley – from $429pp
- Melbourne – from $569pp
Sunrise flights are scheduled 7 days a week. Weekends always book up the fastest. We suggest allowing 6-8 week’s notice to book on a weekend or try for a Monday-Friday flight.
You’ll see live availability on our website.
During July & August we will close Melbourne operations as there are typically limited flying due to poor weather conditions.
Flights operate on public holidays, except for Christmas Day.
Yes! We operate sunrise & afternoon flights in Mansfield as follows –
Sunrise flights: available year-round. Meeting 1.5hrs prior to sunrise at Alzburg Resort, Mansfield. Time varies throughout the year.
Afternoon flights: May – September. Meeting between 2.30/3pm at Delatite Winery, completed at approximately 6/6.30pm.
If you’re looking for romance, ballooning is definitely for you! What better way to propose to your significant other than with our Proposal Package. We have a customised “Will You Marry Me” balloon, and, as it is slowly inflated by our pilot, the words become visible. That’s your cue to get out the ring!
The package includes an exclusive flight for just the two of you, and a romantic sparkling breakfast afterwards to celebrate your engagement. Please contact our office for further details.
Alternatively, many of our proposals take place on our public flights. There are many magic moments throughout the flight to propose.
You’re welcome to arrange flowers, a banner or cake at the venue afterwards. Please keep in mind that flights are weather dependent so can be cancelled due to inclement weather.
Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to fly you in your 3rd trimester.
Although there is no age limit for older people, please be wary that hot air ballooning is an adventure activity and on some occasions we may have a rough landing. All passengers are advised to remain in a landing position for the duration of landing, which involves bent knees and back up against the basket for support. If you’re buying for or taking someone who is frail, please advise them of the risk of a potential bumpy landing prior to booking.
Yes, you can book/pay for this through our office by emailing email@example.com and quoting your booking I.D. During our peak season, additional breakfasts for non-flyers will only be confirmed the afternoon before the flight – this is due to limited venue numbers whereby our passengers have first priority.
Breakfast is held after the flight so you can confirm the approximate time that you will be back so your guests can meet you there.