To be the most professional and happy hot air ballooning operation in Australia. A company that provides: - clear direction, a welcoming and safe environment for staff and customers, respects community and recognises the contribution of all people and partners with whom we interact.
1. To be a market leader in our field, driven by an enthusiastic team who love what they do and draw happiness from the joy that their actions bring to others.
2. To set a strong core group of values to guide all aspects of the GBA business. These include ethical business practice, sustainability, communication, excellence and enthusiasm.
3. To ensure safety is GBA’s number one priority.
4. To enrich the lives of everyone encountered.
5. To build a tour where people come to discover the magic of hot air ballooning.
what makes us better?
- One of the great joys of ballooning is its tranquility as you float ‘lighter than air’ with the wind, feeling absolutely no sensation of movement. You have effectively become the wind...you are moving with it...and therefore you have become a part of a complex weather system that is ever changing. For this reason alone, GBA is a part of the environment and takes its role as an environmental ambassador very seriously.
- Working with Greenfleet, we are able to measure our impact on the environment and collaborate ways to reduce long-term damage.
- In the last year, 1,449 native trees were planted on GBA’s behalf, offsetting 388.31 tonnes of
- When a balloon can no longer be flown commercially, the GBA team will use it for training, or the ropes/parts of the balloon are recycled. GBA donates balloon material to schools for use in art projects.
- GBA Pilots carpool when they are driving to a designated spot to save on c02 emissions.
- All GBA brochures and business cards contain the wording ‘Global Ballooning Pty Ltd is a supporter of the environment’ and use recycled paper only. A ‘Think before your print’ message is included in GBA email signatures.
- Pilots educate and highlight to passengers the importance of how balloon flights affect the environment. GBA flights provide a connection with nature and a passion of flying can only be achieved when consistent preservation of the land is achieved.
- Office staff continuously undergo training to deliver best practice excellence through marketing, business operations and customer service.
- All staff participate in the ongoing measurement and analysis of customer feedback which is undertaken to improve service standards and business practices. GBA educates staff on the value of tourism and how the industry works together to offer world-class visitor experiences.
- We are always looking at ways to improve and cater for the needs of our passengers. This has resulted in such things as translated documents in Chinese and Mandarin, the development of the Easy Access Basket.
- We are 100% Australian family owned and operated.
- Since the introduction of the EAB, the GBA team have embarked on sharing with the wider tourism industry the importance of accessible tourism and taken an active role in educating and encouraging others through community and industry forums, speaking engagements and webinars.
- GBA won the 2014 and 2015 Tourism Australia Award for best Tour Operator Victoria.
- Received 2016 Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor.
- GBA is highly committed to tourism excellence and is always seeking to improve business practices and the visitor experience to contribute to the success and sustainability of the Australian tourism industry.
- Global Ballooning Australia is an accredited operator with ATEC.
- The GBA team is an active member of the tourism industry promoting ballooning to Victoria, Australia and the world! Recent countries we have visited to promote the iconic image of ballooning include; New Zealand, North America, Europe, Asia and all major Australian cities.
- GBA provides iconic imagery that is used prominently in the promotion of Victoria as a visitor destination around the world. Images also feature in Visit Victoria, Yarra Ranges Tourism and Tourism Australia marketing collateral and digital presence.
SAFETY AND EXPERIENCE:
- GBA is the largest and safest hot air ballooning company in Victoria. We have the largest number of hot air balloons and commercial pilots. This is important - when booking the date for your balloon flight we offer more space availability compared to others.
- We actively meet with all our landowners in Melbourne and the Yarra Valley to discuss aspects of ballooning and to gain permission to use the land/or facilities. This means we have the largest key set and contact list!
- Global Ballooning Australia is also a foundation member of the Australian Professional Balloonists Association.
- We are the only company in Victoria to employ multiple staff members with Civil Aviation and Safety Authority Maintenance Authority working under a Certificate of Approval. This Certificate is the highest possible in Australia to allow Global Ballooning Australia to maintain its fleet to the highest possible manufacture and legislative standards.
- Our pilots are the best in the industry and firmly passionate about ballooning. Global Ballooning Australia Chief Pilot, Kiff Saunders holds the highest qualification and is the only hot air ballooning examiner flying over Melbourne and Yarra Valley. You will find most of the pilots flying in Victoria including our competitors have been trained and examined by Kiff before receiving their commercial pilots licence.
- Our Operational Team meets on a fortnightly basis to discuss all aspects of the operation.
- Our experienced ground crew are the best in the business and have the highest possible training - especially in the art of champagne pouring to help passengers celebrate their beautiful sunrise flight.
- Barry Ward - Global Ballooning Australia Crew Chief, is a qualified mechanic servicing all of the Global Ballooning Australia fleet.