Start your morning with a approx. 1 hour hot air balloon flight in Melbourne.
The Melbourne Balloon Flight package includes
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 10-11am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or reading the information on the Melbourne flight update page
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers to launch site. If you are self-driving, we meet at Pullman Melbourne On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
- Launch : Passengers assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Flight for approximately 1 hour
- Land : The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
- Breakfast : All passengers are driven back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held (if included in your booking)
This package is wheelchair accessible upon request only. Based on availability.
- A buffet breakfast (including complimentary champagne) is held after the balloon flight at the Pullman on the Park hotel, if included at the time of booking. In some of our accommodation packages, you may have breakfast included at your accommodation instead of at the Pullman
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled, breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise & our meeting point is:
Pullman On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Metered parking is available on Wellington Parade or Clarendon Street, East Melbourne.
$10 discounted parking is also available for Global Ballooning Australia passengers underneath the Pullman on the Park hotel.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office on +61 3 9428 5703 within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day. Alternatively, you may be able to receive a refund depending on the Terms and Conditions
on your booking.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Melbourne flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am