Start your morning with an approx. 1 hour hot air balloon flight in Yarra Valley - only 50mins drive from Melbourne CBD. Sparkling breakfast can be added on to enjoy after your flight.
The Yarra Valley Balloon Flight package includes
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over the Yarra Valley - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions
- (Optional) Sparkling breakfast after the flight
- Free parking at Balgownie Estate
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon neutral flight - Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate, postcard and exclusive e-coupon booklet to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 10-11am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or by clicking on this link: Yarra Valley Flight Update Page.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Breakfast : Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held (breakfast is optional).
This package is NOT wheelchair accessible.
The Easy Access Basket is used for our Melbourne flights.
- An a la carte breakfast is available after the balloon flight, and is held at Balgownie Estate, if included at the time of booking. In some of our accommodation packages, you may have breakfast included at your accommodation instead of at Balgownie Estate
- You may invite extra people to join you for the sparkling breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled the breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at:
Balgownie Estate: 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen
Free parking is available at Balgownie Estate.
If the flight is cancelled...
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office on +61 3 9428 5703 within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day. Alternatively, you may be able to receive a refund depending on the Terms and Conditions
on your booking.
Is this package refundable?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Yarra Valley flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am