*PLEASE NOTE - THIS PACKAGE IS ON REQUEST ONLY FOR FLIGHTS BOOKED IN UNTIL END OF AUGUST 2021 (NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) - PLEASE CALL TO CHECK IF IT IS AVAILABLE - 03 9428 5703*
Yarra Valley is a natural amphitheatre, which makes it the perfect location for a ballooning tour: great views, native fauna and flora, excellent food and wine and stable weather. Let the breeze usher you along the corridors of grapevines and over the Yarra River as you lose yourself in the breathtaking views of mountains that surround the valley. This region has excellent locally grown food/wine and makes for a brilliant full day in the countryside!
The Midweek Yarra Valley Private Balloon Flight for 2 people ($747.50pp) package includes
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over the Yarra Valley for 2 people - one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions
- Free parking at Balgownie Estate
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon-neutral flight - Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- Complimentary in-flight photos (Please note that we cannot provide photos if the weather is not suitable for putting up the camera. We recommend to always bring your phone/camera)
- A flight certificate, postcard and exclusive e-coupon booklet to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the day
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 10-11am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or by clicking on this link: Yarra Valley Flight Update Page.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Breakfast : Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held (breakfast is an optional add-on).
Breakfast is not included in this package. You are welcome to add it for an additional cost of $35 per person.
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise (confirm with Pilot evening before) at:
Balgownie Estate: 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen
Free parking is available at Balgownie Estate.
If the flight is cancelled...
If your flight is cancelled you have 12mths to re-book. This package is non-refundable.
Is this package refundable?
No. If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have 12 months to rebook the balloon flight for another date, however unable to receive a refund.
How do I find out my flight information?
All passengers need to check if their flight is going ahead the night before any time after 6pm.
Check the Yarra Valley flight update page online where you will read the weather report and find out the exact meeting time.
Download our mobile app, enter your unique trip code as stated on your flight confirmation, and receive a notification to your phone with the update.
Champagne breakfast can be added to the package for an extra $70.
We generally meet 1.5 hours before sunrise and this time will vary throughout the different seasons depending on the hour of the sunrise - the below information will give you an indication of meeting times but should be used as a guide only.
For transfers from Melbourne to the Yarra Valley, expect an earlier start by subtracting an hour to the times shown below.
- January : 4.00am – 4.30am
- February : 4.30am – 5.00am
- March : 5.00am – 5.30am
- April : 5.30am – 6.00am
- May : 5.30am – 6.00am
- June : 6.00am – 6.30am
- July : 6.00am – 6.30am
- August : 5.30am – 6.00am
- September : 5.00am – 5.30am
- October : 5.00am – 5.30am
- November : 4.30am – 5.00am
- December : 4.30am – 5.00am